Welcome to a fun post for the Pals “Families First” Blog Hop. Today, I’m sharing a pair of cards you can make for Mom and Dad using one stamp set and a few supplies. Bear Hugs is a fun stamp and Framelits collection with so many images, sentiments and possibilities. Of course, they are perfect for Mother’s and Father’s Day too.
The bears are stamped on Crumb Cake cardstock using Early Espresso ink. I colored them using Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils, and I didn’t even use any water. The pencils are great for coloring and I was surprised how vividly they turned out over Crumb Cake. I also love how smoothly they go on without ruining the surface of the cardstock. Although I did use the white pencil here and there, I wanted the white on the bears’ snouts to be brighter, so I used a Stampin’ Chalk Marker to bring that out more.
For Mama Bear’s card, Melon Mambo Cardstock and Thick Baker’s Twine add a vivid pop of pink. A Lace Doily adds an extra feminine touch. Mama is set over the Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
Papa Bear’s card was accented with touches of Bermuda Bay. The doily was left out and I used a different woodgrain embossing folder for the background. Less is more for a masculine card, so I left this one sweet and simple.
Here’s a closeup of the Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I’m sad to say it is on the Retired List this year. It adds a neutral effect and is great for all types of projects when you just need to add a little something. You really should have this one to your stash, it’s a keeper.
Although there are so many great products retiring this year, the good news is that there are lots of amazing, on-trend, creative products coming soon. I can’ say enough about how much I love them. If you want to see them, you can join my team and get early access to new catalogs and products. Click here for more information.
I hope you enjoyed the post today, the next stop on the list is Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping. If you landed here accidentally, the entire list is posted below for your convenience. Can you believe there are 30 bloggers on this month’s hop? Wow! Make a cup of coffee, sit back and enjoy.
Blog Hop Lineup
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Susan Itell at simplestampin.com
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
There are so many great products retiring this year and I’ve listed just a few below. Seriously, pick up those items you really want before they’re gone. Click here to Shop Now or Click here for the retiring list.
Thick Baker’s Twine
Thick Baker’s Twine