Happy Scenes

This week’s Global Design Project challenge is a special CASE the Designer. It’s special to me because we are CASEing Brian King, my Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator.

photo 151123a_zpsh3j7mhsn.jpg

Here’s Brian’s card that we will CASE (Copy and Share Everything) this week. When you use another designer’s card like this for inspiration, you can use the layout, theme, color palette or any part that drives you to make something.

Global Design Project #GDP012 | Case Brian King

My card encompasses a couple of things that make Brian’s card unique. I chose to use a similar color palette, and the slope in the landscape is a prevalent part of the card for me too. But one thing isn’t so obvious…

What truly inspires me about Brian’s cards is the way he makes a clean and simple design look so easy, but in reality, it’s not. Every detail is meticulously planned. No element competes with any other and each element relies on the other for perfect balance in design.

Happy Scenes by Stampin' Up!
For my snowy card, I used the Happy Scenes Photopolymer Bundle by Stampin’ Up! This bundle is a great way to make a scene for any season through the view of a window.

I stamped the trees and snow with Pool Party ink on a piece of Whisper White card stock. I then stamped the trees again on a piece of Pool Party party with the same ink. I cut out the hill and pieced it together behind the window die cut.

The window die cut is layered over embossed snow made with the Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. The sentiment from the same stamp set is embossed over Cherry Cobbler card stock, trimmed then snipped into a banner shape.

I hope you enjoyed this card and get inspired to make your own CASE of Brian’s card. Join us at Global Design Project to play along. Thanks for visiting.

Supplies

Happy Scenes by Stampin' Up!

Happy Scenes Photopolymer Bundle

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

12 Comments

• Reply Steffi ❤ Stempelwiese

Elegant and beautiful!

November 29, 2015 at 9:01 am
  • Reply Tanja Kolar

It´s a really beautiful winter scene. Great work, as always Shawn.
    Hugs Tanja

November 28, 2015 at 7:05 am
  • Reply Louise Sharp

Amazing. I am always so drawn to your clean style. I love your take on Brian’s card this week, you’ve always been a big fan of everything you do. (No I don’t stalk your blog – ok maybe just a little!)

November 27, 2015 at 9:52 pm
  • Reply michellelastsu

What a lovely subtle snowy scene, I adore your card Shawn, you surprise me with a lovely creation each week and I love working alongside you xx

November 27, 2015 at 1:28 pm
  • Reply krista frattin

those colors look great! so clean and neat – just like brian!

November 24, 2015 at 1:02 pm
  • Reply Teneale Williams

Shawn, this is amazing. I can see the Brain influence in your creation with still having your style written all over it. Can I also add that your photography is AMAZING.

November 24, 2015 at 6:57 am
    • Reply Shawn

Thank you Teneale. It means a lot coming from you.

November 25, 2015 at 12:22 am
  • Reply Paula Dobson

Wow, Shawn! You summed up what makes Brian’s card unique beautifully! But not only that, you captured the same essence on your lovely card too. Well done you!

November 23, 2015 at 10:14 pm
  • Reply Katrina

Shawn I will be honored to case your card, the softness of the blend of colors makes me smile! Great job!!!

November 23, 2015 at 10:23 am
  • Reply Brian

Shawn – I absolutely love your card and all of your kind words. I love that you have so thoughtfully analyzed my work and created something I would have created – and you got it right. This is exactly “my kind of card” – lots of planning and meticulous detail to make it look so clean. 🙂 I’m honored by your project and thrilled you were able to play along this week. More, though, I’m happy to call you my friend. Thanks!

November 23, 2015 at 8:35 am
  • Reply Kim Jolley

Love everything about this!

November 23, 2015 at 7:58 am
  • Reply stampingpeace

Good Morning Shawn! This looks like the scene outside our window in Maine this morning! Your card is beautiful…I’m still deciding how to case Brian’s card. Today I cased your card from last week’s GDP challenge and made a Christmas tag! 🙂

November 23, 2015 at 6:29 am