Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup at the end of this post will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Today I’m sharing a sneak peek of a few new items you’ll find in the 2017–2018 Annual Catalog from Stampin’ Up! With so many great new products, it’s easy to put a few together to make a lovely card like this one.
Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock is an item you may not notice by looking at my card today. I’m certain, however that you’ll notice what a great addition this is in the new catalog when you get your hands on it. Thick Cardstock makes the perfect card base with its sturdy weight. Of course, Whisper White Thick Cardstock is currently available and if you’ve tried that, you’re probably as giddy as I am that Very Vanilla has been added to this year’s Thick Cardstock collection.
New Lovely Words Thinlits Dies are not like others we typically have; these are dual-purpose. Alone, they cut a negative shape from your cardstock. You may also cut a positive shape like I did here using a matching Framelit. I used a heart from Sweet and Sassy Framelits Dies to cut this thin and delicate die cut. In total, there are three dies in the Lovely Words set, each in their own shape that you can match with another Framelits set.
Next, let me point out this fantastic, new Copper Trim. Stampin’ Up! always offers the best quality ribbons, but this trim is so much fun to work with. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anything like this before. It’s stretchy and weaved like a net. It’s easy to cut and easy to tie. I was fidgeting with it for a while because I love the way it feels and I think you will too.
I’m sure you’re wondering about the interesting texture on the background of my card today. Well, a fun new way to add dimension will be found in the new Annual Catalog available June 1, 2017. I wish I could show you all the great things inside and although I’m able to preorder many fun things, this item was not on the list. The good news is that I had some Embossing Paste in my craft room and I thought, maybe I could show you what it does. First I tinted it using Pool Party Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill and simply smeared it on some watercolor paper and let it dry. This is the most basic way to use Embossing Paste, but stay tuned after June 1 to see more great ways to use it.
I hope you enjoyed the card today. If you did, please take some time to comment and continue hopping if you haven’t seen all the great cards our Pals have created. If you followed the hop from the beginning at Mary Fish’s blog, well good for you; you’ve made it to the end. If you got here from some other means, continue with the hop by referring to the Blog Hop Lineup below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Lineup
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com