Welcome to InKing Royalty’s June Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs—this month’s song is “Here Comes the Sun.” As you can guess, our Blog Hop today is filled with projects that are inspired by the joy of the summer sun. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
With the official start of summer starting tomorrow, I’m so excited to share a fun, new, and Distinktive stamp set that I placed on my “must list” as soon as I saw it in the 2018–2019 Annual Catalog: Seize the Day. I love the retro, mid-century style of the imagery, plus this stamp set features new Distinktive qualities that give these stamps tons of depth in just one inking.
The card starts with a 4-Bar card base of Whisper White cardstock. I stamped the forest in Granny Apple Green ink and the foreground images with Shaded Spruce on a separate piece of Whisper White. Both colors are now included in Stampin’ Up!’s classic color collections. I love the variety of these greens and the contrast you can get when they are combined.
A simple embellishment from Frames Elements helps ground the image, adds texture and some dimension.
I thought this card was perfect to welcome summer. I can’t wait to get out in the sun and enjoy all that the season brings. I hope you do the same.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Nina King at InkPaperSequins. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
—Shawn de Oliveira
Blog Hop Lineup
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this lineup as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sandra Cornejo at Madly Crafting
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
Seize the Day
8-1/2″ x 11″ Cardstock
Granny Apple Green
Classic Stampin’ Pad
Classic Stampin’ Pad