Welcome to InKing Royalty’s October Blog Hop! There are so many ways to say, “Thank you!”—today’s blog hop is filled with projects that share our gratitude. Stampin’ Up!’s catalogs (both the Annual Catalog and the Holiday Catalog) are filled with so many fun products that help us show our gratitude—and we are excited to share our creations with you today. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
If you follow my blog, you know how I love to incorporate watercolor into my cards. No other stamp set makes this as easy as the Painted Harvest stamp set in this year’s Holiday Catalog.
Today I covered a Very Vanilla card with super-pretty sunflowers and greenery that look had-painted. This is simply done with 2-step stamping. Each sunflower was stamped with Crushed Curry ink, the leaves are Garden Green and the browns are Crumb Cake and Soft Suede.
The sentiment was also stamped on a panel of Very Vanilla that I then embossed using the Pinewood Planks embossing folder. I embossed about 1-1/2″ of each end of the panel by leaving the rest of it sticking out of the embossing folder. A little Linen Thread makes the texture stand out.
Embellishments made with some stamping, the Leaf Punch and Touches of Nature Elements finish the card. Stampin’ Dimensionals add interest by raising the center panel and the acorn.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group—and you don’t want to miss it!
—Shawn de Oliveira
Blog Hop Lineup
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Karen Browning at KarenZBrowning.com
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Racheal Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’